Thursday, October 10, 2013

HALLOWEEN FRIENDS - JIBJAB!!!



Fresh off the digital presses and onto a tablet near you is 'Halloween Friends'- a shiny, brand new digital children's book I illustrated for the wonderful folk at JibJab. This book is part of their Storybots, 'Starring You' series of books. These books allow you to personalise the stories so that the main character will have your child's (or your own) face and name. Fun stuff!
Rush on over there and get yourself a copy in time for Halloween!!!! Also available at the iPhone App Store and iTunes.

Here's a selection of pages from the book. For the purpose of this post, instead of having a random child's face, I added glasses and a mouth to the main character wearing the ghost costume.














6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so cute! But was I wondering if you're comfortable uploading "The Dress" storyboards, it doesn't matter if it's incomplete or just some rough doodles of Gumball & his friends.

Chris Garbutt said...

Hi, Thanks for your words about the Jib-Jab stuff and your interest in my Gumball board.

Unfortunately I don't have any intention on posting 'The Dress' storyboards in the near future. Maybe one day when I get time to actually collate the files into something postable I will, but I can't see that happening any time soon. Sorry!

Hopefully you'll keep checking out my work despite that.

Anonymous said...

Okay, thanks for telling that, I'll just wait. But check out this cute little Christmas cartoon that Ben Bocquelet & Rob Latimer made at Studio AKA: http://vimeo.com/112412313 :)

Bob Logan said...

This makes me want to go out and buy an iPad.

Chris Garbutt said...

Thanks Bob! Buy one for me too!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you knew this, but I wish I want to own the posters that appeared in the backgrounds from Gumball. There's the Daisy the Donkey on ice poster & a bunch of other posters probably designed by Grant Orchard or someone.